Monday, March 9, 2009

So Wonderful..

I know it's rude to brag, but when you got a man as good as mine you just can't help yourself. He got back in town late Friday night. Saturday morning he watched the kids so I could go to the gym. Then we went on a family walk together by the lake. He is a great cook too and the meal he made for us on Saturday was no exception. Margherita pizza (he even made the dough from scratch!) and some really beautiful yummy caesar salad. Then he set up camp, literally, and had a little father-son camp out in the living room. Michael was thrilled. Sunday after church James was being extra fussy so Dustin laid him on his nice big chest and they had a nap together. These aren't things Dustin was doing to try and be nice, or to make up for something. It's just his nature. It's who he is. This is the kind of stuff he does every day. I'm so lucky to have landed such a great man. I'm not sure why he married me, but I'm grateful every day that he did.

6 comments:

Angela S said...

Sounds like tons of fun!

Dustin said...

Thanks, sweetheart. I love you too.

Sarah said...

He married you because you are the mother of my mom's grandchildren. He had no choice! It doesn't help that you're amazing...so amazing, in fact, that you can walk on water!

karen said...

aw dustin is an awesome guy ! you go dustin. the pizza looks good.

. said...

mmmm! I want some of that pizza!

Loralee and the gang... said...

It's great to see how one of "our" missionaries has really stepped up to the fatherhood plate!
And he IS a great cook. He gave us his cornbread recipe when he was here, and we still use it exclusively. In fact I was planning it for Sunday dinner today (with Chili). It's in my cookbook aptly named "Sampson Style Corn Bread".
:~D