Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mystery Smell

Today I got the idea that I’d post my first blog entry on Breanna’s blog. So here goes:


For a little background information: We receive all sorts of junk mail…credit card offers, insurance companies looking for new customers, etc. When I get home from work, I typically sort these offers out and they go in to a plastic Walmart bag. These documents get shredded. Periodically, Breanna will leave one of these bags next to my laptop and I’ll take it to work to shred.


Well, this morning I decided that today was the day that I would shred. I had three bags of papers under my desk. They've been there for weeks. I really just haven't had the time to shred them.

I reached under my desk to grab these bags and noticed an extremely foul odor. The really sad part was that the odor seemed very familiar. I looked around under my desk to find the source. No luck; couldn’t find it. So I just ignored it and headed off to the shredder with the bags.


I began to shred the documents in the first bag. The odor seemed to follow me to the shredder. I checked the paper to see if it stunk. That wasn’t it. I checked the bottom of my shoes. Nope, not it. I continued to shred.

When I opened the second bag, I found the culprit. It was one of Michael’s dirty diapers! That nasty thing had been under my desk for at least two weeks (if it was one of the first bags I brought up, we’re looking at more like a month). I guess that will teach me not to procrastinate my shredding duties.


---Dustin

8 comments:

Breanna said...

Now THAT is funny. I bet the ladies in your office thought you were having serious issues with your BO. Or your GI.

Angela S said...

That's awesome!

Sarah said...

Remind me to tell you about the time I thought I smelled and just assumed it was just a side effect of my pregnancy! Casey couldn't smell it, it was just me! (There's more to the story I just don't want to admit it to everyone who follows the blog...kind of embarrassing!)

. said...

I think I am going to be sick!

Bethany said...

Glad you didn't shred the diaper too. Now that would've stunk!

That pizza you made looked like the yummiest pizza in the whole world.

April said...

That is disgusting but it made us laugh for ten minutes...we can't wait to live by you guys!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Now that is priceless!

Will you post the pizza and the cookie recipe (if you find one that is up to your standards)? Thanks! :)

Kathryn said...

I ALMOST took those to the shredder for you when you were traveling (I work with Dustin)...I'm glad I didn't!