Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Life is Over

I've gone and done it now. All my life I've avoided using butter as a topping or condiment of sorts. I will bake with it, or use it when frying something up, but I never just slather it on bread and gobble it up. Who needs the extra calories?
Well Sunday Dustin let me sleep in, and when I was running behind trying to get ready for church he made me some toast. It had lots of jam on it (which is ALL I usually put on it-I prefer my calories in the form of sugar) but it was also dripping with butter. Seriously, there were chunks of it under the jam. Since I was grateful that he made it for me, and didn't want to complain, I just ate it up.
And it was good.
So good.
TOO good.
This morning when Michael and I ate pancakes I actually passed on the syrup and just loaded those babies down with butter. Heaven help me. I'm headed down heart attack alley--and I like it!
I need an intervention.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

YOU can afford the calories...eat it up!!!

karen said...

you're funny.. :) butter is good, isn't it ?? and shelley is right, you can afford the calories.

. said...

Oh! You have been missing out! Butter is oh so good!

Sarah said...

Welcome to the dark side!
-Sarah

Jill M said...

SLather it on!! I love it on my waffles with powdered sugar!!!

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I won't allow myself to put butter on anything unless I'm eating out (which is probably why we eat pancakes at Mimi's way more than we do at home)! :)

Dustin said...

Welcome to the South, Sweetheart.

You can now enjoy: butter, bacon, cream, BBQ, gravy, and of course anything deep-fried.

Kathryn said...

Don't you know the three major food groups are butter, cream and bacon?