Friday, August 1, 2008

It's a sin, I know

So it was a rough morning. Michael was up in the middle of the night, having drank 10 gallons of pool water and wetting the bed. Then he wouldn't go back to sleep. I can see his point--if you're up at 2:30, why not just stay up? He was up and asking for milk this morning before 6:30, as always. The lack of sleep has made him, and me, very whiny and impatient. So what's a girl to do? Have a morning pick me up of course! And here it is in all it's glory. This is cake from Dustin's birthday party at work yesterday. The label on the outside said "The most moist chocolate cake you've ever had" What a perfect way to brighten up my morning. So I cut a nice size piece, grabbed two forks and we dug in. It was great. Some may say it's a sin to eat decadent chocolate cake with a rich ganache filling and creamy frosting at 9:00 in the morning. I, however, am not ashamed.

4 comments:

Blake and Meg said...

I see nothing wrong with that!!! Blake and I have made a cake at 10:30 PM just because we needed it. You do what you gotta do!

Shelley said...

No shame. When I was pregnant I used to eat Ice Cream for breakfast.....confession.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

See, in my opinion you are nice! I would have taken that cake into my bedroom, shut the door, and eaten it all by myself! I am evil, I know!

Jan and Larry Myers said...

Not so! It's a principle of life that nothing starts a great day better than chocolate! It isn't? Well, it should be!

That Michael is looking far too grown too soon. And to have unlocked the secret to the start of a good day so soon in his young life! Way to go, Michael!