
With Dustin out of town this week, I spent a lot of time reading. One of the books I read was by an author named Janette Rallison. I've read a couple of her books before, and I always find them to be just OK. But for some reason I keep reading them because I am so drawn to her main characters. Each of her books I've read (3 so far) has 1 main character who is a high school girl. She is always:
1. Somewhat selfish and ego0centric (though not aware of it)
2. Making big mistakes ( due to aforementioned characteristics)
3. Getting in trouble
4. Paying for her mistakes, and learning from them (and I LOVE that there are consequences for her choices. Always a good principle.)
5. Having a happy ending, even if it's not the one she thought she wanted.
Janette does such a great job depicting the high school scene. And I think her portrayal of a teenage girl is pretty accurate as well. Her books are a little less than 200 pages, and a very easy quick read. I usually finish them in 1 day of dedicated reading. So if you're looking for a book to change things up, give one of hers a try.
1 comment:
I see there are more lists in your posts. Need a 12-step program?
Post a Comment