First and foremost, I should confess that I am pathetic. I'm addicted to several things, few of which I admit, and most of which I will vehemently deny. But in order for you to see the inner workings of my life, you might as well judge me now and get it over with. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Lists. However ironic it is that this should be mentioned in a list of items....I have a list of things I need to get done and I get a little thrill of accomplishment each time I cross one little thing off. I keep a running list on my fridge of things I need to buy at Walmart , one for Sams, and a list of meals I'm going to make for dinner that week. I have a list of life goals I'd like to accomplish before I die (wouldn't you like to get a sneak peak at that one). This is just a sampling of the many lists I write. I can't help it. Those Franklin Covey people brainwashed me into thinking I can't live without lists. Now, it's true.
2. Doritos and Cheetos. Generally, I'm not big into junk food. Sweets, I can eat all day long. But not a lot of junk food. However, when given a bag of the aforementioned items, I loose every last ounce of self-control God every bestowed me and I dive in like a pig. If entered into a cheetos contest, which I pray often they'll invent, I would put those sniveling grown men to shame.
3. Twilight. yes, I know. Me and every other 15-18 year old girl on the planet. I CAN'T WAIT for the new book to come out August 2nd. The only defense I have for myself here is that I'm not in love with Edward, just the books in general.
4. Clean sheets/drool. I have a strict zero-tolerance policy for used sheets and pillowcases. I'm not talking about hotels here, like at the houses of my family and friends. When I stay somewhere other than my own bed, I literally do a once over on the linens to make sure that they are fresh and clean and no one has previously drooled or rolled around on them all night. I just can't stand the thought of others, yes, even the ones I love, leaving their spit in crusted pools all over this thing I'm supposed to lay my face on. It's so gross. In turn, I promise if you ever come to stay at my house, you will have sheets and pillowcases freshly from the dryer.
I could go on for days, but really, you already know too much. And this blog is TOO LONG. I should mention here, however, that if any of the previously mentioned items is brought to my attention or enters into one of our conversations, I will probably blush and then deny everything.
Just so you know....
2 comments:
I'm with you on the sheets thing. In fact, I'm having a hard time believing that anyone would make someone sleep on a bed with dirty sheets - do people really do that?!
I can't say that I am a fan of Doritos or Cheetos - too messy! However, I can down an entire bag of Oreos in one sitting (as long as I have a nice big glass of cold milk)!
1. Surely you don't blame us FC people for your addition to lists.
2. Hopefully your lists are ordered by what matters most priority, right?
3. Don't forget to label each an A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, etc.
4. So you think we Franklin Covey people have a problem with lists?
5. ;-)
Post a Comment