Monday, August 16, 2010

The Cake

I was home from Houston for 2 days before I had to leave for Oklahoma City. I had promised to make the wedding and grooms cake for Dustin's cousin and I needed a few days up there to make it happen. Here is the result:
They wanted a simple white fondant cake with ribbon, which was time consuming but not difficult. It took me 3 days to bake all the cakes, make the fillings, frostings, and then assemble it. For the grooms cake they wanted a tribute to reeses peanut butter cups. So it was chocolate cake with peanut butter filling that I folded chopped reeses into. It was topped with milk chocolate frosting, dark chocolate ganache, and more chopped reeses up top. This one only took me about an hour to get together and everyone liked it the most. Go figure.



3 comments:

. said...

Breanna!!! Those cakes are BEAUTIFUL! I am just sad that I will never get the opportunity to taste them. How did you learn how to make cakes like that??? You have soo many talents-you are getting published and you make awesome cakes. I am a little jealous!!

Also, I know what you mean about the zoo. We have a zoo pass, but we havnt used it in over a month. Last time we went I thought that I was going to melt. I think we are going to wait for cooler weather to go again.

Angela S said...

I agree with Carrie, what an amazing job!!!! Great work!

Shelley said...

Breanna...good job! I could use a slice of that peanut butter one about right now:) I've never heard of a Groom's Cake.