Saturday, January 17, 2009

Achilles Heel

He knew he was lucky. Dustin managed to marry a woman who absolutely hates shopping and never spends money. But all good things come to an end. At Dustin's urging I began looking for a hobby. Nothing has ever interested me or caught my attention. I'm not creative, crafty or gifted in any way. But my eyes have been opened. I walked into Michaels and into their bead room. It was the beginning of the end. As I stared at the gorgeous glass pendants and teardrop crystals, designs began flashing through my brain. And just like that I've become obsessed. I've been surfing the internet, reading books and even buying really cool bead storage thingeys. Move over Martha Stewart. I have arrived. I am crafty!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Go YOU! That is awesome. We've been making some bead bookmarks, and they have been so fun...I'll have to show you one! I am SO excited for your visit in a couple months!!! Oh, and do post your creations, ok?

. said...

Wow! I never would have pictured you making jewlry! That is awesome! Next time I am in town I want to see some of your work.

Rach said...

you're hilarious. you sound like me with my cakes