I've just finished reading this book and I'm absolutely traumatized. I know, as an author your job is to try and invoke emotion in your readers. Make them laugh, make them cry, this is all good and well. This author has done one of the most effective jobs to date--I'm scared to death.The book starts out with a comet hitting the moon, which pushes it off its orbit. Slightly. This results in an unending stream of earthquakes, tsunamis enveloping the coasts, volcanoes exploding everywhere. . .
The book follows the life of this 16 year old girl and her family. The entire book is about how they are starving/freezing to death. Plagues, illnesses, you name it, it happens. Really, Moses let the Pharaoh off easy. The worst part is, this could totally happen. There has got to be some reason the general authorities have mentioned food storage for YEARS now. Well I for one, am done ignoring them. I'm going to Walmart tonight and buying a case of every canned good they have.
The next time I have to give a lesson on personal preparedness, I'm reading this book aloud.
2 comments:
I am soooo reading this book! I love being scared!
Who iso the author?
Have you seen "I am Legend"? Also disturbing... in a very entertaining way.
Wow! I am excited to check this book out! Spring Break is coming up - now I will have something to read while I'm on vacation from school!
And, just so you know, you can get cheap food storage from Church Distribution.
Post a Comment