What a looker!!!! He has his daddy's contagious smile, but with dimples. I love this kid! I had a bit of a meltdown on picture day. Here is the email I sent my sister in law about the experience:"It was school picture day last week and Dustin and I had discussed possible outfits the night before. Dustin was very adamant that we let Michael choose what to wear so the picture would be a statement about him, not us. So this is what happened. In the morning before Michael woke up I picked some of his favorite shirts (transformer, dino in the city, the blue and green polos) and put them right on the top of his other shirts. Then I woke him up and said it was picture day and he needed to pick out his favorite shirt to wear so he would look nice in his pictures. It could be his choice. At this point I'm feeling so proud of myself because I'm letting him choose what he wants to wear and not being an overbearing mom. He gets up, goes potty comes back and picks......wait! Can it be?! He opens his underwear drawer and takes out his old, holey OU shirt. He puts it on and says "won't dad be proud of me for choosing this shirt?" I said "dad will be proud of you no matter what you wear. Why don't you pick what YOU want to wear." Therein followed a discussion where I did everything but tell him to pick a different shirt. He was set. I was not changing his mind. That was his new favorite shirt. So I swallowed my pride and off we went. As we were walking up to school the little girls are wearing their sunday dresses and have their hair curled and hairsprayed. Even the boys are all in nice pressed polos. When I saw a little boy get out of his car in--I kid you not--a full suit, it took every ounce of my self control not to turn that stroller around and make him change his shirt! But in the end it's more important that he's happy about what he's wearing. And that he has a cute smile. And no one really sees most of his shirt in the picture anyway, right?? RIGHT??? "
Needless to say, he DOES have a cute smile and I'm very happy with the picture ;)
3 comments:
He looks so old!! Absolutely adorable. You have much more restraint than I do. My girls are the ones with curled hair and a gallon of hairspray. They dont get a clothing choice, either.
He does look way cute! Way to go for letting him pick, what a sweet kid and a hard working mom!
well done, Breanna! My mom tried so hard for the nice hair and Sunday dress look. By the time they took pictures, I always looked like a mess anyway! My favorite is one year, when I clearly have a t-shirt on under my dress, and threw it on over for the picture. I like your approach much better :-) and his picture turned out freakin adorable!
Post a Comment