Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Michael!

Yesterday was Michael's birthday. We started off the day with "happy birthday pancakes" made in the shape of cakes, presents and the number 5. Then we were off for his first birthday surprise--picking up Dustin's mom from the airport. We then went to the store and she got him his birthday presents (and one for James too). We headed into downtown Dallas to the children's museum next. They had a special dinosaur exhibit we just had to see. Michael, of course, LOVED it. James spent the entire time clinging to Karen and saying "I afraid." After that it was lunch at Braums and we took Karen back to the airport so she could get back in time for work. We took Michael to his favorite restaurant for dinner, Cicis pizza, then came back home for presents and a movie. It was a fun day and I'm sad to say I didn't have my camera with me for most of it. But I did get this picture of Michael sporting his new presents.I can't believe he'll be starting school in the fall. Man those 5 years went fast. He is such an amazing brother and a very smart kid (just ask him). We're so grateful to have him in our family!

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Happy birthday, he's such a cute kid!