Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Fishermen

Each year The Church of the Cross in Grapevine stocks their pond with fish and invites children 16 and under to come "Cast for Catfish." My father-in-law was in town for the day, so three generations of Sampson men headed out for the event. Michael got a few small ones and was THRILLED... until Dustin mentioned cooking them. Michael thought he could take them home for pets. Needless to say, they are probably still happily swimming around the church pond right now. I can't wait for next year when Dustin can take BOTH boys out.
I'm also posting a picture of Dustin and Michael on their weekly walks together in the woods. Every week Michael can't wait for "Daddy-Michael day" and their time together.
You're the best Dustin.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

I was talking to my dad yesterday about these pictures and we noticed that the rod Michael used belonged to my great-grandpa and the reel belonged to my grandpa. So we kinda had 5 generations involved in that fishing trip. ;)

. said...

looks like fun! Grapevine is a fabulous place to grow up. I am glad you guys are loving it there.